Sunday, April 11, 2010

Contemplating

This past week has been fairly crazy for me with several big deadlines and two anatomy tests, so I was unable to find time to make any new earrings. However, I did wear several of the pairs I've already made throughout the week. Several people commented on them and they served as nice conversation starters.
I found myself thinking many times that I was glad that I had chosen jewelry making for my project. Not only have I learned a new trade, but I have also been able to connect my life for unique earrings into something that I can do for myself. I like that I can be somewhat self-sufficient when it comes to acquiring earrings to wear. I don't have to rely on large corporation products or discount store earrings. I know it isn't quite on the same level as the Kingsolver's family, but I feel like I have moved closer to the goal of self-sufficiency. I enjoy that feeling and I hope to be able to extend it to other aspects of my life when I leave campus & am once more able to eat meals other than cafeteria dorm food.
For the final week of the project, I'd like to finish up a few pairs of earrings that I have started on. I've really enjoyed the project so far and am kind of sad to see it come to an end, but at the same time I'm excited to move on to new things and try to expand my horizons even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment