Sunday, February 21, 2010

Another task completed

This week I continued to work on the pair of black stone earrings that I wanted to paint on. Last week I had sketched out the design onto the beads & just needed to paint over them. So this week I got out the thinnest paint brush I have and some white paint and got to work. I was nervous to start because I'm not a good painter and didn't want to mess up the earrings. I had to wash it off & re-do it a time or so. Even though I had a really small brush, the lines were too thick for what I wanted so I had to figure out another way to paint them. I ended up using a head pin as my paint brush. It worked out much better and was able to make the smaller lines that I'd wanted. So after a few frustrating attempts and some problem solving, I came out with two little tree designs:












I'm still waiting to get some clear nail polish or something like that so I can glaze it to make sure the paint won't peel or chip. Then I'll put some head pins through them and complete the pair of earrings =).

I like how the paint is white and the lines are straight so it gives the appearance of snow covered branches in the winter, drawing inspiration from the current landscapes of the season like the romantic period.

Next week, I'll finish up these earrings start trying to come up with other types or earrings I can make to expand the styles I have. One person suggested looping beads on string rather than head pins so I can make hoops & things, which sounds like a good idea. I also want to explore making my own beads at some point, maybe from rolled paper or something like that. I haven't quite decided which I'll do next week but we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment