Sunday, February 28, 2010

Finding Ideas

This week, I've been trying to decide what kind of earrings I'd like to make next. I have a pair of earrings that I bought from a global gifts store last year that were made from recycled newspapers & magazines. I really like the way they look and thought the idea would be a good one for my project. I haven't started making any yet, but I've been looking into different techniques and types of paper beads you can make. I still want to make dangling earrings but I want to know all the different styles I can make before picking one. Hopefully I'll find one I like soon and can start on them within the next week.

Another thing that I like about this project is that it's using materials that I readily have available. Instead of throwing away a magazine or newspaper when I'm done with it, I can turn it into something beautiful and useful. After going to the panel discussion on "green" art last week, I decided this would be a good project to do because it will allow me to do my part, recycle, and further the "green" art movement. People go through so many paper products even in a single day, so this is one way that I can make use of some of these discarded papers.

So for this next week, I'm going to continue to look through online tutorials and websites to try and find a style of paper bead that I like. If I can't find one that sticks out to me, I think I'll try just messing around with it on my own and seeing if I stumble upon anything that works. I'm looking forward to this part of my project and hoping that I'll be able to make some really cool recyclable paper earrings.

No comments:

Post a Comment